- It’s great as flared pants are very leg lengthening when they fit well at the top. Be sure to wear them with (high) heels though.
- They may cover up your muffin top (if you have one) and hold your tummy in if you select a high waisted one.
- Pear shaped women also benefit from wearing wide legged pants as they draw attention to the ankle and hips appear narrower.
- If you are heavy at the top, flared pants will give you a nice silhouette.
Some additional tips on how to wear flared pants
- Buy them long. I don’t like the look of flared pants that are too short. It’s nice when your pants hide your high heels.
- Flared pants look particularly good if you define your waist with a belt.
- Try to balance the total look and wear something slim fitting on top. Flared pants can make for a very classical look so they will look great with a well fitted shirt.
- Although a slim fitting top is the easiest and most flattering way to wear wide pants, I also like to combine them with short dresses and wider tops. It’s a tougher look to pull of, but I personally like the silhouette it creates.
- Short people can also wear flared pants. Just make sure they are more fitted at the top and the pants don’t flare too much.
- Although wide legged pants can be perfect for the pear body shape, make sure you don’t have any side pockets as that will add extra bulk.
- Pear shapes also benefit from flat front pants, as opposed to pleated ones.
- Want even longer legs? Try flared pants with vertical stripes.
- Wear them with heels!